Most of yesterday was spent thinking about the most effective way to organize a weekly Social Media post for the Digital Marketing Manager blog that the day was over before I could post something for you.
Since Social Media falls under the digital marketing umbrella, it is necessary for the Digital Marketing Manager blog to cover Social Media, but how can one blog posting per week contain everything that happens every week in the world of Social Media with 500 words or less.
Social Media has a high number of tactics within digital marketing that a whole separate blog could be dedicated to it.
After contemplating how to organize the Social Media post for the Digital Marketing Manager blog, I found a solution for the time being. However, nothing is set in stone, and I welcome your comments on what you think should be included in Social Media.
Since I believe the strategizing process behind implementing social media tactics is extremely important rather than just diving in head first, the weekly Social Media post will primarily discuss planning and strategy, and then, the post will include links to articles about individual Social Media sites news and tips. Now, for the stuff you have been waiting for.
Social Media for Digital Marketing Managers – Marketo’s 7 Golden Rules of Social Marketing
- Don’t take yourself too seriously – give your brand a good personality to make your brand likeable.
- Inbound Marketing is not enough – combine inbound and outbound marketing efforts into all aspects of your marketing.
- Good Content and Solid Offers – Need content to engage customers.
- Strong Call to Action – After your content is consumed, what do you want your audience to do?
- Always add value – Social Media doesn’t work if there is no value added to your brand.
- Social Media is a 2 way street – Social Media opens the line of communication with prospects and customers, so you need to respond quickly and sincerely.
- Peer-to-Peer sharing gets your messages heard.
When implementing your Social Media tactics, keep these rules in mind to help you create superior customer experiences.
Source: Marketo’s The Definitive Guide to Social Marketing
Additional Links to Social Media Sites News or Tips
- LinkedIn Introduces Showcase Pages: This Week in Social Media
- Don’t Just Get More Facebook Fans — Get the RIGHT KIND of Fans!
- Holiday Facebook Posts — How to Find Your IDEAL Content (and Times)
- 11 Checks to Ensure Your Facebook Page is Up-to-Date
Thanks for reading Social Media Wednesday on this Thursday evenings.
Tomorrow’s topic – Blogging
Call to Action
Does it make sense for Social Media Wednesday to primarily discuss Social Media strategizing process as well as include links to additional Social Media articles? Please send me your comments.
[…] Source Article from https://cindyplough.com/2013/12/05/social-media-for-digital-marketing-managers-marketos-7-golden-rule… […]
The above data shows that social media plays a crucial role in
marketing for the automotive industry overall.
It may cost more than doing it yourself, but the potential
increase in business due to their experience in social
media marketing will likely be worth it. Some companies limit the number of
channels a customer can use for purchasing, which
helps them track the customer from the point of search, through the clicks, to the sale.