Social Media can be used a variety of ways, but today we will discuss social media strategies to nurture your current customers, to build relationships, and to generate repeat purchases.
As Digital Marketing Managers and Social Media Marketers, delivering on revenue goals is crucial. Nurturing current customers via social media for repeat purchases will help you accomplish this task.
The idea here is to keep your brand and expertise in the forefront of your customers’ minds, so when they need you, they remember to come back to you.
When communicating with your customers, you need to be genuine. If you are not genuine, your customers will see through you, and you will not be successful in building relationships to help meet your revenue goals.
Now, that you realize the importance of being genuine when nurturing your customers, let’s move on.
3 Social Media Strategies to Nurture Customers
- Reaffirm your customer purchases after the decision is made – There is time between when the decision is made to make the purchase and the action taken to make the actual purchase. During this time, use social media to reaffirm their choice to purchase your product by featuring customers who discussed their satisfaction after purchasing from your brand.
- Create lead nurturing campaigns for your new customers – Just like you have created social media tactics for potential customers, you want to deploy social media tactics for your newer customers to think of you for future purchases. Invite your new customers to follow you on social media networks, welcome them to your social media communities, post helpful information on how they can reap the benefits from their purchases, and create opportunities for cross sell and up sell products.
- Listen to your customers social media conversations for new needs, and requirements, or potential jumps to your competitors – By following your customers in social media, you can keep tabs on your customers satisfaction with their purchases. You want to listen for cues on the timing for repeat purchases, cross sell, or up sell opportunities. You can also listen to your customers to discover ideas for more relevant content for your social media and content marketing efforts.
Call to Action to Deploy Social Media Strategies to Nurture Customers
- Be active on the same social media networks where your customers are active.
- Look at your current lead nurturing efforts for new business and see if anything can be used to nurture new customers.
- Create social media posts to welcome new customers to your social media community.
- Without giving your customers a sales pitch, prepare social media content giving your customers an idea about repeat purchases, cross-sell, and up-sell opportunities.
- Listen to your customers on social media to identify cues for potential repeat purchases.
- Where it is genuine and makes sense, like, favorite, or retweet your customers social media posts
- Listen for potential content ideas.
- Come back for next week’s social media discussion about social media content ideas.
- The next Digital Marketer’s blog post will explore the different types of content for your content marketing efforts.
Source for today’s Blog Post
- The Definitive Guide to Social Marketing from Marketo
- How to Nurture Existing Customers with Social Media from Outbound Engine from Outbound Engine
Social Media Events
Social Media Network News and Resources
- Facebook, Google Get American Idol Partnerships, Take Aim At Twitter’s Second Screen Dominance from Marketing Land
- SMToolbox: Manage Your Social Media with Sprout Social from Social Media Today
- How Small Businesses are Using Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]from HooteSuite
- 5 Ways to Make Shareable Images That Drive Traffic from Social Media Examiner
- HootSuite Launches Managed Social Media Security and Compliance Service for Enterprises Webinar On Tuesday, March 11 at 11:00 AM EST from HootSuite
- How Facebook’s News Feed Now Lets Brands Ride The Coattails Of Other Brands from Marketing Land
- Facebook Engagement Rate: How One Little Metric Got So Tough To Nail Down from Simply Measured
- How to Deal with Cheating on Facebook from Jeff Bullas
- How to Steal Your Competitor’s Facebook Fans from QuickSprout
- Facebook Custom Audiences: 7 Strategies Marketers from Search Engine Watch
- How Adobe Used Twitter To Generate Leads For An Online College Nobody Had Heard Of, Yet [Case Study] from Marketing Land
- 5 Ways to Grow Your Twitter Reach from Social Media Examiner
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use #Hashtags in Social Media Marketing from Search Engine Watch
- How to Steal Your Competitor’s Twitter Followers from Quick Sprout
- Twitter To Start Including Promoted Accounts In Search Results from Search Engine Journal
- LinkedIn Opens Blogging Platform to All: This Week in Social Media from Social Media Examiner
- LinkedIn Becomes Only American Social Network In China With Launch Of Simplified Chinese Beta from Marketing Land
- LinkedIn Sponsored Updates: Something Actually Worth Paying For from ClickZ
- Dial Into Google Hangouts By Phone: This Week in Social Media from Social Media Examiner
- Google Analytics Data Now Accessible From Your Google+ Page Dashboard from Search Engine Journal
- Google Plus Daily