As a follow up to yesterday’s Email Marketing Tuesday, today we’ll explore how Digital Marketing Managers can use social media to compliment and enhance their email marketing efforts.
Since people interact with your company in a multitude of channels (social media and email), messages in the different channels need to flow seamlessly. Therefore, you can use your social media to continue the conversation that started in an email marketing effort. Another goal of coordinating social media and email is to extend your reach beyond your email list.
Social media and email marketing can work together to create engaging experiences for your target audiences by implementing the following 3 social media techniques.
- Social Connecting – you can use your email list to increase your social media followers by including social media icons and links in your email efforts. You can also give your email recipients a reason to follow you on your social networks.
- Social Sharing – entice your email recipients to share your email content on their personal social networks for their Facebook friends and Twitter followers to see. There are 3 ways to conduct social sharing. First, you can use “share with your network” and “forward to a friend” in you emails. Second, use hashtags or “tweet this!” in your emails. Third, create a social sharing contest.
Example of Social Sharing: In this example, it is an article that includes “Tweet the stat!” after each statistic list in the article.
- Social Promoting – you can use social media to entice new people to give you their email address. Just include links to your website’s email sign-up page in your posts or tweets. Then, amplify those posts with the links to your website’s sign-up page. Next, build an email opt-in app that lives on your Facebook page. Finally, use social media to reconnect with follows who are on your email list but haven’t responded to your emails.
Other social media techniques you can use to enhance other digital marketing efforts:
- Look for potential keyword phrases that you can try using for your SEO
- See who your followers follow and look for their interest to learn more about them
With the social media techniques mentioned today, you can see how social media and email marketing cross-over and work together. Have fun using one or more of these techniques to increase your social media following and get you closer to achieving your digital marketing objectives.
Additional Articles for Social Media Networks:
- – 5 Charismatic Ways to get Fans to Interact with You from Post Planner
- – 10 Extremely Cool Twitter Tricks for Newbies from Search Engine Journal
- – 3 Lessons HootSuite Learned from their First 25,000 Google+ Followers from HootSuite